Carpet Cleaning – Basic Tips
Carpets get stained, and sometimes there’s no avoiding it because they work full time. There are many different methods of cleaning a carpet, depending on the size of the rug, the material and how soiled the material is. Carpet cleaning is an important activity because a dirty carpet spoils the beauty of your home and puts your health at risk. Similarly maintaining a clean, welcoming environment is paramount for any business like restaurant, hotel, retail store, office where a dirty carpet can form a bad impression that may deter the customer from returning.
Adam’s Carpet Cleaning recommends the following basic tips on Carpet Cleaning:
1. Carpets need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic. Avoid dirt build up to prolong the life of your carpet. Use your crevice tool for cleaning around baseboards and radiators and in other hard-to-reach places.
2. Organized vacuuming works best for wall-to-wall carpeting, where you need to vacuum an entire quadrant before moving on to the next.
3. In order to fight odours, add baking soda to the bag in your vacuum.
4. Soil retardants can be applied to new carpets or to newly cleaned carpets.
5. Pay special attention to places which see maximum traffic of foot movement. Vacuum these areas of heavy traffic with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes.
6. You need to take special care of carpets and this might involve going over a section several times to ensure a clean, dust-free and odourless carpet.
Adam’s Carpet Cleaning are consummate home cleaning professionals, providing you with an all round reliable approach to your needs. All our cleaners have relevant industry experience and are checked for quality, providing you with peace of mind when they conduct carpet cleaning in your premises.