Homeowners might not prioritize carpet cleaning that much, but we’re here to tell you that, if you have carpeted floors in your house, it’s something you should highly prioritize for various reasons as supported by studies. Removal of allergens and detrimental bacteria can improve the quality of indoor air and make allergy breakouts less often.
Apart from scheduled cleaning, it’s also necessary when you’re renting out your home or when you’re hosting a party of some sorts. Generally, you’d have two options for carpet cleaning to choose from, you can either have your carpets professionally cleaned, or clean them on your own.
Let’s go through some of the pros and cons of each option:
Homeowners who opt for DIY cleaning are likely to rent or purchase cleaning equipment for their carpets. It’s cheaper to purchase/rent cleaning equipments compared to hiring professional cleaners, but in order to determine the better of the two options, we’ll have to look at more advantages than cost savings.
- Homeowners can witness remarkable cost savings through renting or purchasing cleaning equipment instead of getting professional cleaners, the saving would mainly be from cost of labour.
- DIY cleaning is more feasible for pet owners, because your cleaning equipment can quickly take care of the mess left on your carpets by your pets.
- What DIY cleaning lacks is labour, you might ask your family members to help in cleaning, but there would be inconsistency in your cleaning.
- DIY cleaning process takes up a lot of your critical time. Moreover, rented equipment is only available for a certain amount of time, so you might end up rushing through the cleaning.
- Homeowners using DIY carpet cleaners are unaware of the amount of cleaners to be used. Many of them end up applying way too much chemicals, which damage the carpets. Similarly, improper cleaning techniques might also cause wear to the carpets.
Many homeowners don’t consider cleaning carpets themselves, for that reason they opt for professional carpet cleaning companies. While these services might cost homeowners more than DIY techniques, the investment is worth it.
- People clean carpets as a profession, these are people with years of experience in carpet cleaning, dealing with every type of carpet stain imaginable. They’re better equipped to treat your carpet stains than anybody else.
- Professional cleaners have specialized equipment, which offers more cleaning power than the commercial cleaning equipment consumers can rent/purchase. This leaves you carpets drier and cleaners than you’d get yourself.
- Finally and most importantly is the convenience. You’d have to lay back and relax as the professionals do their job, and you’d not be losing any of your precious time on the work.
- It has already been determined that hiring professional cleaners is more expensive than DIY carpet cleaning. One way people might save money on professional dry cleaners is by only having the high traffic parts of your house/workplace cleaned like the hallway, entrance etc.
If you’re looking for carpet cleaning services in Sydney, Australia contact Adams Carpet Cleaning. We offer upholstery cleaning and rug cleaning as well. Contact us for your next carpet cleaning needs.